PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regional airline to biz jets tranition, interview - seeking advice
Old 8th Dec 2010, 14:00
Tugnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ipilot86

If you have a steady job with a regional carrier, i'd suggest staying put. The bizjet market, speaking from current experience is very up and down. We've been lucky and flown a similar amount of hours to you regional guys, however our company is not making loads of dosh. We are keeping our heads above water but thats it. consequently if someone came in and put a serious credible offer on the table for the aircrafts I believe we would be out of jobs tomorrow. Our only saving grace is market prices have been forced lower and lower meaning our owners would get bottom dollar for there chariots hence they are stuck with them for another 18 months 2 years. Smaller operators also offer little if any security.

Unless you are going for an interview with a big bizjet operator then I would certainly remain where I was.

As for wages. Dont get me started. For a light jet, 1500-2000 p/m if you're lucky. Again depends on company size.

I sound like a right whinge bag. As Doodlebug says, it can be very rewarding and the variety of flying is fantastic. As long as you can accept that you may not have a stable roster and you may need to respond to the telephone going off and being airborne within a few hours, then you'll love it.

Just out of curiosity, what operator are you being interviewed by?

Best of luck