PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2010, 13:31
Tziganul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, great meeting right?

What have we learned? ... We are still in the red, we've cut down 20% of our staff while at the same time managing on doing more movements, saved more fuel, and according to the stats, pilot utilization was high.

We've also learned that the plan for 2012 is to be as close as possible to zero losses, or "manageable". That we'll have 25 narrow bodies, 10 regional, single digits long range. That perhaps the rest of the 6 regionals to come might be A318, and that there is no way in Hell that rostering will change any time soon!

We've learned that lots of failures to command, perhaps due to a "legacy" system and also due to the lack of preparation. They are working on it and "soon" a better system will come out.

We've learned that some pilots fly too much, some not at all, and according to management it's all because of swaps.

We've learned that the EMB boys are frustrated because they have been on the "upgrade" since the beginning of the year and as the most senior f/o's they were making the least money.

We've learned that implementing a new fleet is very very very difficult and that there will be hardships for everyone. That those who decide to stick it out will reap the benefits of it, whatever they may be.

We've learned that the rumor of lowering the mins for captains to 3500 hrs is bs.

We've learned that the transfer for f/o's to the 330 is still ongoing. That the mix fleet flying will resume in March for captains only.

What do I think? ... You won't loose your job, you'll still get payed on time, you won't fly the biggest airplane in the world for the biggest airline in the world on the most exotic destinations but you'll always be employed providing you don't directly insult the CEO, DFO, CP, MDFO, MCP, MCEO, who did I miss? Well you get the drift...

all and all not bad, thou I must admit was not impressed with the sandwiches!!!! they didn't have as many as last time, once again reflecting the budget cuts ! but well done, it's the thought that counts. almost felt special