PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garuda applicants beware
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2010, 11:24
Caissa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reply to seat0A

Well, seat0A, I have to tell you that I am in no need of a reality check and your assumptions about me show a high level of arrogance.
Having spent some of my valuable time looking at a cross section of your points,you appear to be with KLM,in which case you will have been pampered and spoonfed in aviation for many years. As a national carrier pilot you will have a sense of reality which simply does not qualify you to comment on the world of contract flying.
I have been flying for 32 years and came to contract flying fairly late ,after a successful career with an overseas airline.
If I choose to enquire about part time flying ,do you see some problem ? I am lucky enough to be able to choose if I work and where I work,any problem there ? If I have allowed my rating to lapse and wish to renew,looking for a sim partner is a logical step to take.
At no stage have I approved of the 'going for an interview to have a free holiday' philosophy although I am aware this can happen.I have always personally taken interviews seriously but the airline must sell itself to me also.
May I suggest that you stick to pontificating on matters about which you may actually know something or are you turning into a European version of 411A ?
Caissa

Last edited by Caissa; 8th Dec 2010 at 11:33. Reason: word omitted