PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When will airlines start preparing safety cases?
Old 8th Dec 2010, 08:05
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey SM;

As a pilot who has flown all over the world on Shell contracts can you tell me why Shell spout safety and then behind the scenes bully and cajole aircraft operators?

Can you tell me why when Shell moved a North Sea contract in the mid '90s the pilots "losing" the contract sent a condolences card to the pilots "gaining" it?

Can you tell me why after the Cormorant crash of 1992 Shell introduced a "no deck landings with windspeeds over 50 knots" rule and then quietly made it go away when it caused logistical problems? In fact I was called in to fly some freight to a Shell platform after the rule was introduced and the windspeed on the deck was 72knots. During planning we quoted the rule and were told, by Shell "its not a passenger flight so there's no risk to human life. Weren't my co-pilot and I humans?

Where do Shell get off demanding to lisen to CVRs after minor incidents, when they have absolutely no right to?

I haven't flown for Shell for 10 years and don't miss them one iota. The staff offshore were great and some are still friends, Shell Management? a bunch of hypocritical, pious people, and you come across as one of the worst (if you even work for Shell)

This is a forum for Professional Pilots, I suggest if you aren't one, and with you obvious ignorance of aircraft operation you aren't then disappear !

SND