PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mrs Bloggs 'At Home' Etiquette/Protocols
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2010, 06:57
BEagle

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts
The DS solution is to wander cooly over to the hostess, whisper in her ear and let her inform the afflicted one, woman to woman.
Good grief no! Not only will you embarrass the coy young thing if you go telling others of her predicament, but the hostess will immediately wonder what you might have spotted about her own wardrobe situation - and then it's all down hill to "Does my bum look big in this?".

Reminds me of a New Year's Eve party I attended many years ago - at the home of a girl friend a couple of years younger than me, who had been particularly...'friendly' the previous year, much to my surprise and delight. This year, she was dressed in a clingy jersey cat suit thing (OK, this was the early 1970s.... ) . Over swayed the rather inebriated wife of a friend of my parents, who then cornered me...

"I like ****'s outfit!" she gushed.
"Yes, she looks lovely", I replied. As indeed she most certainly did.
"She's not wearing a bra", she contined, "But I like her knickers" - and yes, the clinginess of ****'s clothing rather confirmed that she wasn't wearing much else.... I didn't offer an immediate reply, being rather surprised at such a comment.
"I'm not wearing any!", she then continued.....

OK, so what would your staff solution be to the situation of being cornered by a pi$$ed old moose with amorous intent - without giving offence? Hell hath no fury and all that.....