PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The pollution is Back big time
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2010, 04:05
hongkongfooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know of 3 cases of pneumonia in our block in less than 18 months. The latest is my friend's 6 year old daughter. The doctor told my friend that the pollution is a major factor. Anyone else had this experience? 1st Dec 2010 16:59
I know more than a dozen people who have/had close family members with serious illnesses. Things like tumours, cancer etc have been medically proven to thrive were there is high pollution. Countless stories of people taking their kids back home and miraculously being cured of asthma almost instantly. Don't believe the govt bull5hit about life expectancy, that is based on people born 60 years ago, not 10 years ago when the pollution started ramping up.

Lifestyle v long term health? It's not that difficult
Personally I don't think the lifestyles that good, overcrowded, overpriced, no space, but yes, you are spot on. Health is priceless, especially your childs.

Hi there, which is in your opinion the less polluted part of Hong Kong to live in ?
Thx
Australia, US, UK, Europe,
Less polluted, to give you an idea, is the difference between being 1.5 times the WHO standard on a regular basis or double, and the WHO standard aint that stringant, most countries far exceed this.
Central is by far the worst tho as they have roadside and ships pollution on top of the usual stuff.

Sometime in the future, concerned citizens of PRC may become health conscious and demand pollution controls
Probably around the time they cut back from 2 packs of smokes a day

Those in the mainland would rather have jobs than clean air and water
Sad but true