PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2010, 00:04
Old_Fokker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andrijander:

I guess by "they" you mean USCA. Then how come AENA's president, Mr. Lema (or Lame, as he's better known), explained this during the summer:
YouTube - El presidente de AENA dijo que 1670 horas de jornada eran suficientes

Basically here he explained "theoretically" how many hours a controller has to work. 1670. Rough translation:
Quote:
...that law dictates 1670 hours. But also, from there, if you count 48 hours for personal matters (which controllers are entitled to as [any] other workers in Spain). If there's 10 hours for the psichophysical [medical] testing. And 60 hours of training. The effective working hours, including rest/breaks, is 1552 hours.
Usually I find short, edited video clips a bit suspect so I looked up what Mr Lema (Mr Lame is a lame joke, don't you agree?) actually said. Turns out that right after he stated the above, he added:

""Es un ejercicio teórico. / It is a theoretical exercise."
Should you not believe me, and my gut feeling says you won't, you can check it here (PDF alert).

That said, it is the decree which is legal and binding and the decree was officially accepted at the end of July. The fact that even USCA union has not used that argument indicates that either the union leaders are blind, something I cannot imagine, or that they realized it is useless.

Also, off topic-ish, I haven't replied to our previous exchange because...why bother? Some of your replies were "apples and oranges" and "bullsh1t". Obviously you hold the supreme truth.
Either that or you are running out of arguments.