Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2010, 20:39
andrijander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Old_Fokker
P_perez;

Quote:
You seem to express yourself with great authority, for someone who has confessed is not a professional pilot nor ATC. Try answering this question: why didn't Spanish President Zapatero go to the Ibero-American Summit this year and decided to stay at home? This has never happened in 20 years since the first Summit.
And also: why did Spanish Economy minister Elena Salgado acknowledge during a radio interview that there could be 'problems' with Spanish ATCO's, 3 DAYS BEFORE THE NEW ROYAL DECREE WAS RELEASED?

Because one could deduct from USCA's November 29 press release that they would persist with their peculiar interpretation of working time/overtime rules and that as a result of that, airspace all over Spain would have to be closed in the last few remaining weeks of the year?
I guess by "they" you mean USCA. Then how come AENA's president, Mr. Lema (or Lame, as he's better known), explained this during the summer:
YouTube - El presidente de AENA dijo que 1670 horas de jornada eran suficientes

Basically here he explained "theoretically" how many hours a controller has to work. 1670. Rough translation:
...that law dictates 1670 hours. But also, from there, if you count 48 hours for personal matters (which controllers are entitled to as [any] other workers in Spain). If there's 10 hours for the psichophysical [medical] testing. And 60 hours of training. The effective working hours, including rest/breaks, is 1552 hours.
Also, off topic-ish, I haven't replied to our previous exchange because...why bother? Some of your replies were "apples and oranges" and "bullsh1t". Obviously you hold the supreme truth. So, my final plea to you:
Oh holy one I beg your mercy since I am a mere mortal and have to fulfill my chores. I swear to persevere in ensuring the right to travel of your pious flock. Amen.