PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2010, 18:34
Busbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi blasteryui,

Firstly your post really needs to be in the wannabes section which is located a bit further up the page than this forum. I am sure the moderator will move it for you to give you maximum chance of getting some good replys.

My advice to you would be to have a serious think about your motivations and commitments to becoming a Professional Pilot. Is this something you have always wanted or a passing idea? Have a clear strategy of what you want to achieve and a clear financial plan of have to obtain this. You are right in thinking that this will cost a large sum of money to achieve so have a realistic timescale and a back up plan to ensure a way of paying any borrowed monies back. The last thing you want is huge debts and no job! Some of the wannabes on this website will tell you some very harrowing stories!

Why don't you try and get a job in Aviation somewhere like a local flying club or an operations type role. This will give you some exposure to the industry, make some contacts and maybe even the odd flight or two?

As a very wise man once said to me: "It will be a long hard road and I wish you the best of luck!" He was right and I will say the same to you.

I am sure others will provide some further info for you. I wish you well with your endeavours!

BB