PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To those seeking work
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2010, 15:25
cldrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been part of the recruitment process in various forms over the years, from corporations, private owners to commercial operators. There is nothing wrong with sending CV's that do not meet the requirements. Many operators need to stagger their FO's and Captains to prevent bottlenecks in upgrading and natural turnover. There are several times where I have come across a CV of an inexperienced FO that for one reason or another got my interest and I kept that particular applicant to one side for future reference and/or recruitment. Sometimes just a way a CV or cover letter is written or some of the interests/background of a particular applicant not meeting the requirements at that time makes it interesting enough to keep in the "maybe file".

Recruitment in our line of work is not always about hours and experience, it often is about personality and whether the team gets along with a new applicant as we spend lots of time together in each others space and downroute for days on end.

So don't let the OP's laziness in having to read "unwanted" CV's keep you from sending them.

The one CV that always ends up in the "circular file" is the one with a rating and no experience, but that is for another thread.

Good luck to all those looking for work.