PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2010, 14:59
winchman41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The REAL WORLD

Angele and all the other Spanish ATCOs,

I have pointed out in an earlier post in this thread that you guys will need support from the aviation community and you should aim at not making everyone your adversary. That was a short while before the ultimate clash that we have seen now and obviously too late anyway. And, as has been worked out in other posts here before, presumably you guys and your union didn't want to listen to well meaning suggestions.

To an extent I can can grasp your extreme anger you are in at the moment, however, you should realize that what you are complaining about in your current working conditions is actually the REAL WORLD for many in the aviation world, let alone the "normal" working staff. And I am not talking of some third world countries!

In the Area Control Centre (somewhat further north than Spain) where I used to work there were also some Spanish colleagues. When the first started work there, we were of course wondering why they would go for a permanent winter climate rather than enjoying nice southern European weather. The more so when we learned over time the unbelievably fantastic working conditions in Spanish ATC. But it became clear then, that our Spanish fellows weren't admitted to the national Spanish ATS because of reasons that were already discussed in this thread here before.

Maybe its about time for you guys, after having calmed down somewhat, to regain a view for what is a normal working life, particularly in the current state of your country's economy. You've had golden times, and I am saying that without any jealousy, but it is about time to face reality now!