PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2010, 14:03
DavvaP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I've got another question! I was watching "Concorde: The Comeback" on discovery turbo channel last night (just couldn't help myself!).

Really interesting stuff about how they put the kevlar into the fuel tanks etc. I don't know if anyone who posts here was in that program, but if you were - everyone was looking good!! :-) It was superb to see the genuine emotion when Concorde got her certificate back and could take to the skies once again!

Ok, so my question is - BA had to use an airframe as a test for the modifications. However, the choice of airframe seemed a strange one to me, BOAF - which I previously thought to be one of the youngest and best airframe they had (m2dude you explained that BOAF and BOAG weighed less than the previous models). So, why would BA use one of their best airframes, rather than use perhaps the most worn out of their fleet?

All in all though - great program, and lovely shots/video of the Lady, and all who cared for her, from the guys at the top running the business side to the poor guys climbing into the fuel tanks! In all honesty, I'd prefer to be doing the fuel tank side stuff myself, rather than the business side of it! Maybe the pilots had the best of all worlds! ;-)

Cheers for all the insight & information once more!

(Edit: In this program pretty much at the start, all 7 BA concordes are shown lined up in formation on the ground at (I presume) Heathrow). Just seeing them all together, all looking stunning.... breathtaking.

Last edited by DavvaP; 7th Dec 2010 at 14:32. Reason: added bit about all 7 concordes at heathrow