PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mrs Bloggs 'At Home' Etiquette/Protocols
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2010, 09:52
musclemech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Contact Report

Sorry for the delay gentlemen but an immediate post contact report was not possible because of the alcoholic haze induced by large amounts of champagne consumed..... And I was wondering how it could possibly live up to the expectations!!!

Actually MM jnr was poorly so Mrs MM stayed at home and I flew solo, eager with anticipation at meeting Col's daughter with no shackles. I was sadly disappointed to find two sons...... although the grand-daughter...... (sorry but I am an MM!!!!!).

All I can report is that a splendid time was had by all (see comments about large amounts of champagne). Col and Mrs Bloggs were outstanding hosts, and by that I mean one didn't see them until one's glass was empty, whereupon it was miraculously re-filled. This allowed me to monopolise a very attractive young lady with the most amazing blue eyes who had also recently moved to the village, and who was also flying solo, without breaking stride.

Which provokes another question of etiquette: if, as your eyes wander from a fellow guest's cleavage to her eyes and back, you notice that her trouser zip is completely undone..... should you subtly let her know or simply ignore it and hope she will notice herself?

Keen to follow PPruners' advice I made sure that I was not last to leave, and rolled my way home, sat down in front of the South Africa v Barbarians rugby and promptly fell alseep, much to the chagrin of Mrs MM..... And again, following advice I have despatched a thank you note to Mrs Bloggs for such hosting such a splendid afternoon.

So, once again, thank you gentlemen for the advice, and for the humour!!! I hope that I managed to keep the light blue end up, such that I might get invited back next year... when the grand-daughter will be that little bit older....

MM