PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Dec 2010, 06:43
loc22550

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Prince: a Fair and close to the reality answer:according my experience:
(CPT A-320):

A-320 roster:
- 75h../month(150h DUTY time sometime!!)..minimum days off (8..9/month), minimum rest sometime(should say most of the time) beween two night flights including CAT C airport!(can have up to 3 night flghts in a row).
-Alternance of day-time and night time flight.
-We have so far 4 CAT C airport: 320 fleet deserving all of them generously!(most of the time you will see the same face flying to those destinations and not because they bid For!)
-You won't always fly to 5 stars aiports with 5 stars ATC..so you better be vigilant sometime!
-We have a bidding system..if you bid for days off.. they will give you STBY instead...
-As mentioned before most of the good destinations (just a few on A-320 are taken by training flight and/or Training captains!.)
-Not really fair and balanced roster in general IMHO.(especially for CPT i think)
Apart from the A-300,A-320 fleet has probably the worst ratio salary/Duty performed compared to 330/340 and 777 fleet.
-Salary(CPT): ...10.000..U$/month(including flying allowance)+accomodation+school fees.
-So except from the good experience you will build up on A-320 here, i don't see that much positive and exciting facts about 320 roster(compared to other fleet) here in Qatar airways..maybe there are,but i guess there are not that obvious for me...probably there are for the "lucky" one.

Loc.

Last edited by loc22550; 7th Dec 2010 at 09:56.