PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mrs Bloggs 'At Home' Etiquette/Protocols
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2010, 05:43
Old-Duffer

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
........... but then I realised that I had stepped in some dog pooh and it was all over the white carpet, so i took my boots off and my socks had holes in the toes and were actually an odd pair anyway.

However, Colonel Bloggs, who Mrs B referred to as 'the colonel' offered me a drink and when I said; 'a beer please', he gave me a frosty look and came back with a can of lager which he said had been left over from the summer barB and when I popped the can it was flat and he didn't offer me a glass so I was drinking from the can when one of the retired general arrived.

"Are you raf chappie that's just moved in" queried he. "Always wondered why you fellows want to come and live in the country when you spend most of the time in some centrally heated place and only ever venture out when there's some of us wanting a lift, can't see why you're all not badged 'corps of transport' make life so much easier".

At this point, the colonel's daughter put in an appearance and well, I can tell you ..................

TO BE CONTINUED