PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indifferent partner
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2010, 18:56
The Fenland Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think part of the problem is that flying is not just another hobby. For me it’s more of an obsession and I really can’t imagine spending the rest of my life with a man who doesn’t have at least some interest.
I only got my license this year. I'm looking for someone to share the experience (and hopefully the flying itself) with, who will enjoy fly-ins at weekends in the summer, and maybe flying up to Scotland or to over to France for a few day's holiday.

I’m not interested in tagging along to some ground based hobby at weekends. If it was evenings, then fine but there are few enough beautiful flying days at the weekends as it is to risk loosing even one of then. If I’m not flying myself then I’d still much rather be at the airfield than anywhere else on a nice day. Airfields are magical places and worthy destinations in their own right in my opinion.
I could choose someone who goes off and does his own thing every weekend, I don’t had any problem with that but I can’t see there ever being any real sparkle in such a relationship.

-Katie