PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ppl training iPhone apps
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2010, 17:43
757hopeful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why the urgency ? The idea behind PPRuNe as hinted in its acronym is that most peope here have day jobs.
Granted, But PPRuNe is quite busy during the middle of the afternoon, I thought it would attract more attention that way. No rush

Seriously. For PPL training you shouldn't be making things more complicated than they need to be. The old reliable items of a copy of Thom, CAP413, a whizz wheel, a map and a good instructor should be all you need ! Keep the gadgets until post-PPL

Every Thom book - Check
CAP413 - Check
Whizz wheel - Check
Map - Check

And for those of us who dont have an instructor attached during the day, and find it very difficult to learn just purely out of a book, as opposed to it being a little bit more interactive?

If you're a "757hopeful" then you'd better get used to having your head in the books. With all due respect, if you can't cope with PPL learning then you're going to find the route to the right hand seat awfully challening !
I fully understand the VERY long haul that awaits me, I am prepared for hard graft and for sacrifices. Thus the reason I'm working my bloody a**e off to get money together to start paying for it. There was nothing in my post that said I couldn't cope, I just asked were the apps any good as they are a little bit more interactive and I feel during the periods at work when I can study, I may get a little bit further than by monotonously reading from a book.