PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet, Ryanair, Monarch - shame on you!
Old 6th Dec 2010, 12:31
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having experienced disruption last week, I take my hat off to both EZY and BA for handling it all as well as they did, although I have a minor criticism of EZY's ethics on this - later.

I had an EZY flight booked out of LGW on Wednesday night. Within 5 minutes of the announcement that the airport was closed, I had a text advising of the cancelled flight. I was eventually able to rebook for a flight on Thursday night and that too was, in due course, cancelled. Oddly enough I got no text for that but did get the relevant email.

Having played around with all sorts of other options to get to my destination, including Eurostar + rail, I booked BA - despite having boycotted them in the past for various reasons - with a flight out of LHR T5 on Saturday afternoon. It was delayed 2.5 hours and there was no apology or announcement until we boarded, which I thought was pretty bad but the indicator boards were continually updated.

My comment about EZY is this. As my flight was disrupted I was able to log in and click on a link and rebook free of charge. They showed nothing available until Sunday. When I logged out and cleared cookies, they were suddenly showing availability for earlier dates on the route I wanted, but only at fares considerably higher than I'd paid, so they were offering a lesser value rebooking option to existing passengers. Whilst this doesn't come close to the frankly scandalous policies of an infamous Irish LCC, it's a little sharp.