PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excess Aircrew
Thread: Excess Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2010, 11:54
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bump:

For those that do not routinely look at the OASC thread there is some good gen there by onefifty about recruitment of WSOp and Pilots - basically none.

"Due to the fewer officer vacancies currently within the RAF, it has been decided that for applications processed from 1 Jan 1011, the academic requirement will be increased to 2 x 'A' levels grade A-C and 5 x GCSC grades A-C. For the aptitude branches (Pilot, ABM, ATC & Int), the maths must be at least grade B.

NON-COMMISSIONED AIRCREW/SNCO ATC

for WSOps hence for the foreseeable future we will not be recruiting for this role. When we do recommence, the academic requirement will remain at 5 x GCSE Grade A-C, one of which must be maths at grade B. NCO ATC will also have this increased academic requirement.

A note on Pilot recruitment:

it is not envisaged that any new recruit pilots will commence employment in the RAF before July 2012. Potential "

There is a bit more on the OASC thread but clearly there will be no competition from civilians for any available posts. Equally, unless the training schools have a moratorium, there will be vacancies in the system for retraining.