PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA ATO changes are a good thing.
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2010, 09:01
belowradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an independent RF FI and Examiner I see this whole debate as a cultural norm. FAA provides FI's with the qualifications and allows them the freedom to get on with the role that they have trained to do.

JAR/UK CAA Do not as no one individual is trusted with that authority. Individuals are not as trustworthy as Organisations and we don't want individuals to be successful (cultural fact in UK).

British Gas sent me around a chap to fix my boiler who didn't fix it but tried to get me to sign up for a contract that I didn't need, my local CORGI registered independent plumber fixed it quickly and cheaply and told me that no experienced plumber would work for British Gas because they pay peanuts. BIGGER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER !

We will end up with the same old established monopolies calling the shots and screwing the students for the maximum possible (no cheaper across teh road oh what a surprise !).

EASA are trying to create a sterile standard when in fact what we need is well qualified and passionate instructors who have the confidence, skills, knowledge and authority to get on with the job of teaching. If there is some individuality as to how the required test standards and requirements are met then the marlet place will vote for who does it best and they are the best judges of that.