PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA threat to operation of N Reg Aircraft
Old 6th Dec 2010, 08:32
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FiveGirlKit

Yes I for one am bitter against an organisation which is loading our industry N reg or JAA with such pointless regulations and overheads that the costs are strangling aviation to its knees.
No these proposed changes are NOT safety based which is supposed to be EASAs Mandate.
My situation I went FAA ATP and type ratings rather than JAA because N reg in Europe was an established and accepted practice for longer than the EEC has been in existance.
I wanted to fly private jets. Most were N or foreign reg so I self financed the required licences.
Mid fifties would mean it would be fairly pointless for me to find 20K and to study 14 exams over 2 years distance learning to do what I am already safely doing.
Remember I self finance so would have to get that investment back mid fifties in age would hardly allow much time to get that back.
Result??? I would be out of work in flying and even with EASA licences not an attractive option for EASA AOC OPS who have a vast supply of much younger pilots to choose from.

So Bitter that some self indulgent pen pusher can damage our industry and me so as to continue their own lifestyle and expensive luch accounts? YES!!!
As for twisted? Dont be so insulting.
The only way I think EASA could push this through without damaging a lot of people and facing a lot of financial claims is to Grandfather right excemptions not for one year as proposed but as an unlimited ongoing basis.
The excemptions would be issued with condition thus giving EASA "a"control that they seem to want.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 6th Dec 2010 at 10:26.