PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mrs Bloggs 'At Home' Etiquette/Protocols
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2010, 05:52
Old-Duffer

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh My Gauld!

0651 and nothing yet. Somebody take 'overdue' action and those south of the M4, commence search operations - MM must be found. Hang on a bit we don't even have a description to circulate to the Police.

Coffin-Dodger, just to let you know, if MM doesn't come back on line we'll just make it up!!!

Does anyone remember: "Sea Wife & Biscuit"? In the last 1940s or so there were adverts in the national press about these two with cryptic notices in the personal columns and this led to speculation that it was somebody trying to trace a wartime love. A spin off was a '50s (I think) film starring somebody like Richard Burton and Jean Simmonds about a couple shipwrecked together on an island and how they lived together until rescued: turns out the woman was a nun and the guy never found this out. Last scene shows two nuns walking along and man passes them. Nun 'A' says: 'who's that', Nun 'B' from under her wimpole, replies; 'Just someone I used to know'; role the credits, play the music, turn up the lights.

Perhaps MM was really the colonel wanting to know how to handle some ex-RAF type and its all been a double spoof - cue: Conspiracy Theories.

Dogs waiting - twoodle pip!!

O-D