PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indifferent partner
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2010, 01:24
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see loads of blokes giving up flying (and probably other relatively time-consuming hobbies which I wouldn't know about) under pressure from disinterested women, and I have to ask myself what led them to shack up with her in the first place.
Sometimes when I read all these things and also out of experience I wonder whatever happened to becoming friends before lovers? It is amazing to me how many people out there use the cockney term for their partners in earnest and wonder why the hell they ever got into this mess they are in?

Would friends do the things we mention here to each other? I guess not, otherwise, with such friends who needs enemies.

Now, I think you do know the answer to that ... it comes down to which "F" the man is more interested in
that does nail it rather well

Especcially after bad experiences before, a lot of males will put on the pink filter over their Ray Bans before realizing that there is no free lunch, especcially in that regard. By the time brains take over from the nether regions, your finger might well set of the metal detector. I do reckon that lots of relationships which break do so out of the initial misconception that compatibility in bed means compatibility elsewhere plus the even worse idea that the partner, of course always the other, will "change" to accomodate what one looks for outside the sack. Wrong.

Sometimes it does help to bring it down to this basic question. If you see that your partner treats his/her friends with more coutesy and manner than yourself, it is sometimes sobering but effective to bring up the question of friendship in a relationship. The distinct lack of which might well be a reason to pull the plug even if things are still good to brilliant in other aspects. It is crude but true that skilled lovers are easier to find than true friends.

Back to the jealousy bit, think of an aircraft as your ideal mistress.
I know you're joking, as are those which think beer is the best mistress with as compelling reasons. Again, that is not it. I for one have to say that travelling and flying alone without anyone to share the experience with is half if any fun.