PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix East Aviation
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2002, 09:38
Stratocaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be perfectly honnest, I didn't even take a look at the website you mentioned. From what you say, they're trying to sell you exactly the same package as if 9/11 had not occured. But, as you may know, aviation in the USA is not the same: foreigners are not welcome anymore. Well, at least not like it used to be.

So if I were you, I wouldn't count too much on the CFI-part and the 700-800 hrs of instruction. Actually, in your position, I wouldn't even bother to get the licence. It's expensive and now more than ever you don't have ANY garantee that you'll be able to use it. There are lots of CFI-CFII out there, not enough students, and those who have the best chance to get a job are Americans. The European CFI-CFIIs I know came back on this side of the Atlantic many many months ago.

Sorry if I rain on your party, but be careful and NEVER EVER believe what flying schools are saying. They may tell you the truth 99% of the time, but when it comes to your future and your money, they tell you exactly what you want to hear, and they lead you exactly where they want you to be.