PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - controllers can earn 350,000 euros ($470,000; £297,000)
Old 5th Dec 2010, 16:07
juniour jetset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again to all for the response.

In today's article BBC News - Britons warned to expect Spain flight strike delays

500,000 euros is mentioned.

"The sense I'm getting is that people are incredibly frustrated here. They understand the importance of tourism to the economy. It turns out some of these people on strike earn 500,000 euros (£424) a year, which is more than the UK prime minister."

I can't help but think both the journalists and the peole being quoted are misinformed or is it me?

I base this on Economic understanding on wage/employment reward theory -

Why would they, the Spanish Government have to pay so much for ATC's ?

Surely there can't be a problem in finding people who want to work in this job and have the appitude to do it.

Training is easily provided and not as exspensive like gaining an ATPL - although I do apprecaite the time to train is similar or longer.

Therefore the supply of candidates is not a problem, and thus this sgould drive down teh reward you have to pay for the labour.

Or maybe the figures are true and this is one of the reason's why Spain is in so much debt as they overpay. Surely with 20% unemployed there is scope to train up the young and keen who who could do the job at a fraction of the coast akin to Ryanair FOs