PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 5th Dec 2010, 16:04
stealth114

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see so many here talking about paying your way to a Type Rating... Can u ellaborate on this .. If I know my company was hiring first officers on the Dash 8 - Q300.. Does this mean, I pay my way to a Flight Safety centre and do the type rating on the sim, pass the check ride and then pay for some actual hours on the Type or is this flight sim time we are talking bout ? And if I may ask, whats the cost of that.. I knew a flight attendant who went up and did her type training right after. Thats gotta be insanely costly I will imagine ? Off course, this is no guarantee of getting the job and goes against paying to build hours.. But God, I will pay to build some hours, especially multi engine time... Right now, my main goal is to get to that 500 hour mark but if I can pay for 100 hours of multi engine time, that be quality time. So many here in the Caribbean utilise the DHC- 6 Twin Otters.. if I was to get my type rating on that, it may be of an advantage over some pilots who dont have it.