PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indifferent partner
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2010, 15:51
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being claustrophobic, she will not fly in a small aircraft (she suffers, even in a 737) so I cannot take her with me to help put her mind at rest (or otherwise!!).
I don't want anybody to take this comment the wrong way... it is just a straight observation in human nature.

If you meet a girl, and the relationship progresses, in general (I would think, in these modern times) you will go on a holiday abroad with her before marrying her or before making any major commitment like buying a house together.

So, off you do to the airport, and she has a major problem getting into a 737.

So the holiday is probably off, but more to the point you realise that holidays in general are going to be a problem.

I would suggest that if the boot was on the other foot i.e. it was the bloke who would not get into a 737, most women (being on a very sharp lookout for the strange tendencies which men are supposedly susceptible to, like train/plane spotting) would leg it at that point. Unless you had the looks and charm of G Clooney, you wouldn't see her for dust.

Yet most blokes (under about 40) would not see this as a problem. They think they can "help her", but of course this isn't so easy.

I once went out with a girl (she was about 30) who was almost sick at the mere thought of getting into a plane. I thought (probably correctly) that this would be a huge can of worms, but I don't think she had any problem finding boyfriends...

I see loads of blokes giving up flying (and probably other relatively time-consuming hobbies which I wouldn't know about) under pressure from disinterested women, and I have to ask myself what led them to shack up with her in the first place.

Less nutters up there!
More likely, they are more spread out