PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet, Ryanair, Monarch - shame on you!
Old 5th Dec 2010, 15:19
Parapunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was delayed for four days wth ezy in Geneva last time we had snow. I understand it's not easy's fault if the airport can't operate, but similar to above, we were left in a departure lounge for four hours with no announcements whatsoever, then had to make our way back through arrivals to collect our bags. It was such pandemonium that I considered leqving without my snowboard since it took two hours to be brought through, then to cap it all, GVA put three people on the desk to rebook flights & dish out Hotac for several hundred people. I lost faith to such a degree that in the end, I cadged a lift all the way back to England.

On my own, I would have just found bar & stayed there until it was all over. but I was travelling with my three year old daughter
so the experience was so distressing that this year, I've opted to go by train. Turns out that on my route it will actually be quicker once you factor in driving to & from the airport, parking, check in, the ridiculous security, flying & the same rigmarole at the other end.

Air travel is such an unedifying experience nowadys, that even when it works, I won't use it if I don't have to. I doubt the airlines are actively trying to drive away cusrtomers, but the slightest disruption certainly gives rise to the impression. Sorry Ezy, never again with you - once bitten...