PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA4 Procurement/Capabilities Research assistance
Old 5th Dec 2010, 14:49
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
As a mere graduate may I have the temerity to criticise your statement;

Originally Posted by GrantT
I want to highlight the disastrous procurement of the Nimrod MRA4 and the subsequent capability gap it has created.
These are unsupported statements. It should be the basis of your to establish that the pricurement was disastrous and that this has led to a cpability gap.

The cancellation of the Nimrod MRA4 project in the SDSR was one of the most controversial elements in the whole review. It certainly led to some emotional posts on this forum.
The latter statement is undoubtedly true and the first is probably true but you would need to cover the others as well.

The project was marred by delay after delay and a spiralling budget which was quite simply out of control.
The first is self-evident - Nimrod 2000 - but the latter must be proven. Certainly cutting the buy to 9 aircraft would more than double the unit cost - now who did that?

My credentials can be proved by my course leader at University (he is also a peer in the House of Lords).
Are you apolitical?