PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA4 Procurement/Capabilities Research assistance
Old 5th Dec 2010, 14:34
GrantT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nimrod MRA4 Procurement/Capabilities Research assistance

Have you worked with the Nimrod MRA4 or MR2? Whatever your role this is a chance to speak about your experience with the aircraft and the project.

I am a third year politics student on an one-semester internship in Westminster, London. Part of the internship is writing a 5000 word research paper on a chosen topic of interest. I want to highlight the disastrous procurement of the Nimrod MRA4 and the subsequent capability gap it has created.

The cancellation of the Nimrod MRA4 project in the SDSR was one of the most controversial elements in the whole review. It certainly led to some emotional posts on this forum. The project was marred by delay after delay and a spiralling budget which was quite simply out of control. The sad part of this story is that we would have had an extremely capable aircraft (technically still do) if only the procurement was handled better.

I will set out a number of questions that I would like to be answered. You can answer these however you like; written or phone interview (this can also be done anonymously). If you wish to add more then this would be more than welcome. The information you provide will be used to compliment evidence taken while I am in Westminster and either confirm or disprove my hypothesis. If you feel you have something to contribute on either the procurement of the Nimrod MRA4 or the capability gap caused by its cancellation please message me.

And last but not least, I AM NOT A JOURNALIST in disguise. My credentials can be proved by my course leader at University (he is also a peer in the House of Lords).

Many thanks for taking your time to read this.