PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2010, 11:06
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
caz:
I believe that the BOI, the Reviewing Officers and I are of one mind in respect of this scenario.
That just about sums up the BoI, The RO's, and yourself I'm afraid caz. The BoI did not do its job, which was to discover why this aircraft crashed, chiefly by not calling on those who might have helped them do just that. The RO's were not satisfied with them either and substituted their own bizarre finding for whatever reasons we can only guess. You have nailed your colours to their mast and seem determined to sink or swim with them. I should get hold of a Mae West if I were you, but your refusal to deviate at all from the brief is making your case ever less buoyant, I fear.

bast0n, so it was a naval ritual, I was right! I imagine one of the many pipes would have been; "All hands to oiling Wanchai Burberrys, I say again...". We crabs merely knew them by the far more plebeian title of Paper Umbrellas. One of our navs was never without them, carrying one at all times, with at least two others packed in reserve. The entire consignment was confiscated and destroyed by Australian Customs as "imported vegetable matter". He was never really the same again!