PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - At Last - A Voice of Reason
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2010, 10:44
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going thru my log book, as a C@T captain, I checked out 49 F/O's and 80 Captains. Does this give me some creadence? Give me every time a GA pilot or a RAAF pilot (providing he is not the ace of the base) Do NOT give me a cadet pilot whose daddy flew with Ansett. Yes, I come from the old school, yes I believe a pilot must earn their wings bush bashing, (and scaring the shi% out of themselves on more than one occasion,) do I believe in Airmanship, you betcha. Looking at the A380, what did we have? A PIC from the RAAF, a F/O and S/O from GA, (as I understood it) two C@T Captains Both GA, ( as I heard it) (please correct me if incorrect) five people who worked together, confronted with confusing information, a serious situation, and a ****load of problems. Experience, airmanship, and faith in each others ability, got her home safely, and a I cannot heap enough praise on these pilots. No Sim, is ever going to load this much crap on you, only experience will, and ALL of you will face at some time of your career, a potential disaster, regardless of which airline you fly. Twenty five thousand hours later, and to my very last flight, I never once trusted the bastards, and always remembered my old flying instructors advise, "dont be suprised when they don't take off, be surprised when they do" For my entire career, it kept me in good stead. For all of that, there is no better career for those who cannot think of doing anything else, getting paid for doing something you love, was always amazing to me, and probably to you, safe flying all of you.