PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self sponsored security?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2001, 13:11
GonvilleBromhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guy,

I'd have to disagree with your point that the modular route was ever a grey and uncertain route to an airline career. Yes perhaps it is a longer route to take and that certain airlines preferred the Integrated graduates, but nonetheless, I know several pilots now employed by airlines who came via self-improver/modular routes.

As to the way forward now, I think it would be prudent to look at the modular route as being more favourable in the current climate, the flexibility in timing and payments for a start, must be a big plus in it's favour. Of course, it's your decision as to when you start the modular route and hence try to time your training completion to best guesstimate the eventual upturn (crystal ball time) !

But please folks, this reply is not meant to be the start of modular versus integrated bunfight, just my personal opinion on current options.

For the record, yes I'm modular, and I would have considered integrated if personal circumstances and finance would have allowed, but in this climate, I'm not so sure.

good luck.

GB.