PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 5th Dec 2010, 04:44
stealth114

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys... Just wanted to chime in... I have been lurking for some time and not been on the forum in 2 years when becoming a pilot was merely a twinkle in my eye .. Did my first discovery flight in 2009 Oct.. then got sold on it.. Went to the flight school of my choice in FL of May 2010 this year and did my PPL, Instrument and last week just done my CPL. I be heading back up shortly to complete the multi engine rating.

Its good to be here and share the same experience with many other entry level newly minted pilots. It is a very unreal feeling but I have resolved and anticipated this even before I even got into flight training. If I dont make flying into a career , I am fine. I have resolved to it being the most fantastic journey ever. That's not to say Im giving up and not persevering. I am back now to looking for a regular non flying job. I am an aeronautical engineer my qualification, worked as an aircraft technician and also a certified personal fitness trainer.

Despite my passion for airplanes, Im not sure why it took me so long for that bug to bite me to learn to fly. I just thought it be something that was way out of my reach after forking out and paying my way to Uni in the UK. As a kid, I will be at the terminal and seeing the big jets arrive and all these tall pilots in their uniform walking pass. It just never did occur to me and said "Thats gonna be me one day " despite all my family saying they saw it coming some time in my life...

To all the new guys with their CPL's I wish you the best of luck and to never give up. I am in the same boat and Im doing the same. In my country, there are over 200 new commercial pilots just sitting and waiting and hoping. I dont want to be another statistic. Its driving me to not be that way. So Im driven to resume a well paying non flying job to help me continue to build hours etc, look for single engine prop operators doing aerial tours etc. and network network network with as many active pilots as possible both locally and abroad.

In all common sense , I never once envisaged to be stepping into a jet when Im fresh out of flight training. It just insane to even think that I be stepping out of a Cessna and seeing the big metal right away . No way! There is a reason for this! I expect to earn my way up and being on that jet will be the zenith of my career.