PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF SAR vs Air Ambulance
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2010, 22:00
Flaxton Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's very difficult to call in other agencies and be seen 'to fail' when you've got a camera crew egging you on to do a 2 hour carry 'cos it good TV! (IMHO)

Bobby, Bobby. If you had watched the series you would have seen many occasions when SAR have been called in to winch. As for a two-hour carry, well it must been MRT because I have yet to meet the paramedic who would want to carry a single pound an inch further than absolutely necessary!

As for the"good tv" comment, if you really think that, you need a good slap as that shows a massive disrespect to your fellow professionals. So, here, have one back

Not real life? Jets crashing on Emmerdale village, a tram leaping from Coronation St. viaduct right through Rita'a Kabin window, every new resident of that street being either a psychopath or mass murderer, Nigel from Eastenders getting a job as a surgeon in Holby...that's not real life, matey!

Twisted ankles up on the dales, old people falling over and breaking their hip, crews needing help due to access problems, HEMS crews helping out on non-life threatening jobs because they have stronger painkillers than the land crews, hospital transfers...and every now and then a jet-car crash to relieve the tedium.

Unless Devon is such a dangerous place that you only get called to weapons-grade HEMS tasking, I suspect you too will have to attend "embarrassing" incidents just like the rest of us.

That, my friend is real life.

FF

Last edited by Flaxton Flyer; 5th Dec 2010 at 08:37. Reason: to add a bit more rant!