PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - controllers can earn 350,000 euros ($470,000; £297,000)
Old 4th Dec 2010, 20:10
warsteiner888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK Mil controllers earn £45 - £55 K typically

UK Mil controllers earn £45 - £55 K typically. They also get subsidised accomodation, free sports facilities, free dental, free medical and an excellent non contributary pension scheme. Not to mention cheap food (how many jobs can you get 3 square meals every day for under a fiver). Other perks aswell such as cheap booze in the mess (Have to be a member of the officer or sgt's mess to control).

They also get the privalige of parade practice, GDT, guard duty and importantly of all - free clothes for work (usually blue or grey in colour).

Not to mention a tax free lump sum on leaving, 21/2k a year towards personal training every year for 3 years.

Best of all, the majority get the magnificent honour of quickly raising their right hand to the forehead (in an expeditious manner) to pay homage whenever they come across a demi god who has attended a course only for the best/elite at the greatest military academy ever conceived - Cranwell. A place where the some of the greatest military minds have been trained such as :

....................................I will have to get back to you on that one, although I did hear that one graduate from Cranwell won a game of Risk once!

By the way I am a Uk civil controller who has worked with Mil controllers so I know the gossip. At least I think I do.

Anyway back to my Warsteiner, a beer I was introduced to by a SNCO controller who knew his stuff.