PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self-Funded TR at Eastern Airways?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2010, 19:01
mikehammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Portsharbourflyer

That is a very good point, and true.
However it seems as though the said Jet operators operating pay to fly schemes are themselves coming to the rescue by decreasing terms and conditions for those who are even prepared to shell out for their schemes, including laying off cadets over quiet periods with no strings other than the suggestion that they may be re-hired next season. Perhaps Eastern Airways play on this, either inadvertently, or deliberately?

Anyway, the solution is for all turbo prop operators to pay more, roll on that day, which will never come. Or for fewer pilots to be available, fewer deciding to train. That won't happen either. Perhaps the real answer is for companies like Eastern Airways to realise that investing in their future is a good thing, investing in their staff will generate a return, and will reduce significantly their training costs for those who replace the pilots moving onto pastures new instead of staying for a good lifestyle and reasonable return with a good company who looks after them. It will provide a stable team on which to plan a strong future, and provide for experienced pilots instead of those marking time until the next round of recruitment. It's a mad idea, I know, but it works in many other industries, and is a system exploited by many astute (perhaps now old fashioned) managers.

Then again, what do I know? I'm no accountant after all.