PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2010, 17:54
PIK3141

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again one has to ask where is the info from ? Depends who you listen to...7 based aircraft says one...fewer rotations says another....and now a suggestion of 8 aircraft ? What does that mean anyway ? One day last week I counted 12 aircraft all present at the same time....5 in hangars, some sitting outside.

As for the CAF contract, that doesn't mean any more aircraft. That just means the latest round of the ''handling wars'' see PIK Handling win a contract you say was shared between Green and Ocean Sky. Why does PIK want these contracts when Greer or OS are better placed to provide good service with staff not distracted by Ryanairs or 747Fs ? One display of bad service and you won't get a return Customer.

I personally have had a 146 arrive in PIK that I had arranged handling for on Apron G only to find it was hijacked to stand 7, and it had to be repositioned to G to let our staff have access, while the Captain and I stood at the bottom of the stairs watching PIK argue with another handler about who was handling it. I was not impressed.

Finally, we have lost Flybe this coming summer, and the Air France 747F flights will cease sooner or later because AF are progressively getting rid of all their freighters.

So lets not get too optimistic too soon.