PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA ATO changes are a good thing.
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2010, 17:21
FormationFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whopity - you are quite correct.

Mickey - The current EASA proposal would mean that each exercise would need to be ticked off/signed as complete by an instructor. Additionally it is a requirement that the emergencies are listed separately and prominently and signed against when taught.

To sign to say an exercise was taught when it in fact was not becomes a matter for inspection of the organisation - for instance if I should see an exercise/emergency has been taught in the progress records you would to expect to find this mentioned in the student's record for a specific flight. So there would be a cross-reference. Additionally as these records are requirements to fill them in with the intent to deceive would be falsification - indeed one might suggest that during an inspection such falsification was intended to ensure continuation of the organisation's approval - a matter which I understand is illegal.

Perhaps I have mis-read something or misunderstand the way FTOs operate now. Perhaps I am just way too optimistic that the customer might just actually get what they paid for!

Judging by the quality of FIs 'presentations' at a recent seminar I would suggest we (as a body of professionals) are in dire straits. What else could be done to improve standards?