PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excess Aircrew
Thread: Excess Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2010, 10:59
tridriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RG At least you tried.

The clue is in the name 'Manning' which changed from PMA sometime ago and is now no longer personal (sic) or management. Its not their fault with desk officers now having to cope with between 340-575 aircrew of various shades. I have worked the system to get what I want and have also had my fingers burnt on broken 'gentlemans agreements' so don't rely on the friendly phone, get the JPA notice to move squared away. Getting to know who your desk officer's PA helps in this regard.

Get your RAF career moving forward now, as there are going to be alot of people in the same boat as the Kinloss lads and lasses pretty soon on the Strat/Tac AT fleets.

As for Grd Branches: a CR WSOp is more than capable of filling ANY commissioned grd branch position. I have seen plenty do so. It just takes a change of mindset folks. In my opinion quite a number of grd trades could do with an inject of aircrew can-do/ coal face mentality. Too many 9-5ers with little understanding of the importance of support to operations infest their ranks.

Be positive-as the great sage Clint Eastwood said 'we don't have problems, we have creative opportunities'

PS Don't sell the house, as an Army Major will be paying you top dollar for it in 3 years time!

Last edited by tridriver; 4th Dec 2010 at 11:02. Reason: crappe gramma