PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft without a loss of oil pressure procedure
Old 4th Dec 2010, 10:26
aerobat77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when i read our hero- he drove it all. an expert and check airman in garretts without knowing what kind of engine this is ( or is it a motor?) - he knows better than PWC how the torque sensor on the PT6 works, he has best experience on the mighty C130 with T56 engines, he had several incidents at anykind of big turbofans, i guess he also has logged hours on the space shuttle.

he has to every thread a real story from experience .

well , what happend, how this experience can be...?

maybe, on his personal short shaft, he truly experiences a more and more shaftbow in gravity direction, simulatany he struggles with low oil pressure on the pipe as well low oil quantity in his tanks and so he truly talks from experience...

regardless how hard he tries to reach some torque on his shaft- he is unable to achieve a "positive rate of climb" .

well, with such a catastropic failure he hard crashed at home , so i fully understand that he is nervous when somebody doubts his comments and reputation here.

pure informative i give here one more statement of our hero :

"Reverse is beta. Beta is reverse. Again, rather than cover this material again, visit Beta Range"

and the copy and paste of a part ( regarding the props) of the C130 TCDS he by itself gave us here :

4 Hamilton Standard hydromatic propellers,

Blade Angles
Feather 92.5° + .20°
Low-pitch stop 23.3° + .50°
(min. flt. idle)
Ground idle, beta 4.0° to 5.5°
Reverse -7.0° + 1.0°

this TCDS needs an immediate revise, shame on hamilton standard !!!

they give a separate blade angle for beta and for reverse , and this is wrong! reverse is beta, beta is reverse like guppy says !

nice weekend to all !

Last edited by aerobat77; 4th Dec 2010 at 10:39.