PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fifa World Cup Qatar 2022
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2010, 09:48
flyzede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Scorpio

Guys, when I first created this thread I just wanted you to comment on possible Qatar Airways growth, Emirates response to that growth, any rivalry on which airline is taking the official sponsorship, etc.
We are all free to post our comments and share our ideas but as Scorpio said, we are better talking about airplanes and "air rumours".
Anyway I'm glad that you are all coming to leave your post, but this is getting very political.
I'm from Portugal (we also lost the 2018 World Cup for Russia) and even I'm sure our bid (Portugal & Spain) was better I just have to accept that.

I know it's kind a non-sense that such a small country (apart from its politics) will host such a giant event. But they have 12 years to change.

12 years ago (1998) I never thought that Portugal could host an European Uefa Cup... Stadiums were crap at that time, Tourism in Portugal only in Lisbon, Oporto and the Algarve (which had no stadiums at all)... Well, in 2004 we hosted that big event and it was a success!!! Plenty of new stadiums and infrastructures... and believe me, we are totally poor comparing with Qatari finances! (and maybe thats the reason why we are all still paying for the stadiums )

Come on!!! Let's talk about Qatar 2022 airline minded!

Thanks,

flyzede