PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2010, 00:11
paidworker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As i understand it the law states that they must provide a minimum service , a level which is so high given the actual staffing levels that its net effect is they can not strike. I am based in Ocana and from the guys studying to be controllers there this is my understanding , when in tommorrow I will find the references. If it was as simple as go on strike without pay and the average controller is earning so much money , then what would a month be to them? As the article points out , they are a smart bunch of people. I believe they quoted the average salary as 200,000 euros, an ok salary given the workload, but its not what the people in training for the last years here were training for and not what people I met were earning ,, they question the salary figures being published in a big way. That being said If it was my wage I would defend it ( might have been better for Zapateroo to fly business class to Zurich yesterday as opposed to take the government jet or kill projects such as building roundabouts in small villages to increase tourism ( s** you not ). God help you when your terms and conditions are eroded such that your workforce end up paying to work..oh wait..

As for my true colors , I am not fond of Zapaterro for many reasons but mostly because anybody down here with an ounce of sense knows all this is really about is breaking the union before selling AENA off too private "interests". Some are ok with that , personally I am not. Its hidden behind the easy to stir noisy mob. Sometimes the handling of this from Blanco seems so heavy handed you might suspect he was trying to provoke things.

My company is directly effected by the problems , we dont have a route network to absorb the financial impact of a go slow etc. We have gone to meet with the controllers several times , I would say monthly, in an effort to gain concessions with them we have negotiated directly with them , some of them look pretty beaten up if you ask me.

Last edited by paidworker; 4th Dec 2010 at 00:34.