PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft without a loss of oil pressure procedure
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 22:01
MX Trainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And this link is why you have a maintenance department to ask about these types of questions. Asking a good qualified and up to date maintenance "person" can do a lot to help understand what problems might be there for your consideration. Asking an armchair expert on a forum can get you some pretty interesting and totally wrong information in the process - not that that is such a bad thing but you really have to sort through all the chaff to get to the wheat!!! And just so everyone knows I do believe in "Free Speech" - everyone has the right to spout off whatever nonsense floats their boat. I also believe in making sure that someone I am about to take information from - that might possibly put my or someones elses' life in danger - is in fact actually in the know.

In almost 40 years in the maintenance industry I can count on one hand the number of pilots that have asked me to dump my pot of knowledge in their lap so they could understand what was really happening with the aircraft they were flying. In fact I have actually had chief and training pilots come to me and tell me to dumb it down a bit for the flight crews because they were starting to snag the airplane as a result of actually knowing that something needed to be looked at. - Oh well " I was looking for a job when I found this one!!" was the usual result of that request and my P(inCorrect) reply being less than desired by management.

Engines - Transport Canada

Continuing to run this engine with an oil pressure downward trend would have resulted in another event for us all to armchair quarterback!!!

Remember the old saw about learning from the mistakes of others as you don't have enough time to learn them all yourself. One of those mistakes is taking bad advice from someone - VERIFY EVERYTHING!!! - (Except of course stuff from me because I always tell the truth)

Regards,

Mx