PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 16:45
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuc

What you have unearthed about design or functional safety and incompetent airworthiness process is hugely important because then legally (I believe) the responsibility is shared between the first actions of negligence and any subsequent actions by others (if proven).

I cannot believe that some people, while wishing to clear the names of the pilots, want to 'set aside' the argument about the patent lack of documented airworthiness. Such an argument seems the only thing that is factually provable and it cannot be denied - thanks to you. If people wish to spend their time going around and around the same old arguments (as seen on this forum) - ones that the MoD have consistently rebuffed and dodged - then I believe they are missing a big trick. Just the threat of dragging a few airships' names through the mud should be enough to bring the MoD to table.

Fortunatley, it is too late for that - as airworthiness (or lack of) is very much within the remit of the current Review and I trust Lord Philip and his team will do the honorable thing and put the matter to rest - once and for all; for the sake of so many.