PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B747 Crash (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2002, 18:52
JohnBarrySmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SV>JBS, thank you for your discourse on the terrorist mind,
JBS>You’re welcome, sarcasm appreciated.
SV> and thank you as well for paraphrasing Captain Yossarian.
JBS>You’re welcome, sarcasm appreciated and how did you know Catch 22 is one of my favorite all time books? ‘If war is not a Special Service, I don’t know what is.”
SV>Yesterday, I had promised myself to stay away from this thread
JBS>Another promise broken.
SV>because it is badly sidetracked
JBS>Sidetracked? I love it when you talk train talk. But trains are sort of off topic, yes?
SV> and increasingly becoming a forensic examination of your mental state, an examination that you appear to revel in.
JBS>Revel? 'Wallow' is the proper cliche, methinks.
SV>Nearly every new post of yours seems to peel away a bit more of the onion, so to speak.
JBS>If that’s what it takes to get wiring replaced and cargo doors into plug type, then so be it. Nice intro into your post though. Is it time to talk China Airlines Flight 611 yet?
SV>Perhaps you would like to explain what exactly happened in the baggage room at Narita as luggage from CP 003 was being transferred to Air India less than an hour before the crash of AI 182? And if it helps your explanation, I won't be frightened by your applying your apparently extensive knowledge of terminal ballistics and explosion kinetics to the Narita event.
JBS>And into the mind of the conspiracy guys we go......Connecting the dots to make plots and bombs and terror. My serious explanation for Narita is laid out extensively in the Smith AAR for Air India Flight 182, downloadable at corazon.com of course. I have to be careful here as I think about Narita and bombs as I am drinking tea and might snort some out my nose as I contemplate three Boeing 747s through four major airports in two different countries carrying two bombs that happen to go off thousands of miles apart and thousands of feet in altitude difference, but hey! The explosions occurred within hours of each other and that proves......it’s a conspiracy! And anyone who says otherwise is nuts!
SV>The most likely explanation is that your email to him was sufficiently alarming that his staff quickly referred it to the Secret Service,
JBS>Quote from personal letter to me from Senator John McCain:"Please accept my personal assurance that neither I nor my staff made any request for an investigation or interrogation of you or your family by the Secret Service or any government agency or other entity."
On tape the woman agent is saying, “This referral came from McCain’s office.’ She then discussed the text of the email I had sent to Senator McCain earlier.
SV>As a Navy squadron air intelligence officer and a major in Army intelligence (reserves, I assume)
JBS>Not a major in Army Intelligence, don’t read into my words what you want to in order to layout an implied insult.
SV>Speaking for myself, I would be chagrined, subdued, and subsequently quiet about having to be visited by the Secret Service because of something I wrote.
JBS>Guilty conscience? I wear the SS visit as a badge of honor. But you do see the intimidating effect it has on most, like yourself.
SV>I certainly wouldn't trumpet it to the world if I was trying to establish my credentials.
JBS>Then don’t. And I’m not trying to establish my credentials. You get into the ‘expert’ thing again. The evidence is the expert. The twisted metal is there to be cross examined, not me.
SV>You may have shown the Secret Service agent a map of where she lived; nowadays, one can post a picture of your house.
JBS>Let me tell you the most terrifying, amazing and astonishing thing about the whole episode: A few days later I did the lookup thing again with the SS agent’s name. And it had vanished! The SS was able to erase an identity from the internet within 48 hours. Now that’s impressive. And who said the government is powerless? Or slow? Not me.
SV>And I think if you look at the PBS television special on Air Force One, you will see images of Air Force technicians climbing into the lower fuselage through the forward cargo door.)
JBS>You may be looking at the Airstair they have to embark and disembark on tarmac. The cargo door is too high to climb into and the Air Force for the E4B used to use stepladders on the sill until an AD/SB had to be written to stop that.
Well, I was going to sit down and do a review of the evidence for China Airlines Flight 611 today, scant as it is, but got ‘sidetracked’.

Cheers,
Barry