PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fifa World Cup Qatar 2022
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 14:08
CuitoCuanavale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swirling around in a pool of excuses as to why Qatar should never have been awarded the '22 bid is futile....an excuse has an effective range of exactly zero meters.

All five nations at one stage or another had a risk factor attached to them...that is why they are required to formulate bids, to appease or address those risks concerns. Qatar's as a matter of interest was size in conjunction with sustainable infrastructure. Again, something available on line.

As to the slave labour etc, etc...issues, unskilled labour remuneration here is addressed in line with anywhere else in the world, no better, no worse ....remember this is unskilled labour. As the skill factor increases, accordingly the remuneration rises. This doesnt negate the fact that there most certainly will be issues that need addressing as relates to their treatment in general....but again, ..........bare in mind, irrespective of how much cash is tossed into anyone's palm - if that is the case at all, issues of abuse will surface and whoever perpatrates that abuse will be called to account for it in some way or another.

If you are looking for Qatar to be an absolute in the perfect sense......then I'm afraid you need to switch back to caffienated coffee again, maybe even double expresso....no country in the world can claim to come even close to that title.

Hoping secretly for Qatar to fall on its face here is somewhat rediculous, if anything, it will just perpetuate greater effort to ensure that when '22 rolls around, history might very well record it as the most polished SWC in the history there-of. Remember, Qatar,....if you stand back, pause and view their bid holistically in terms of political, economic and socio-economic terms...really have more to lose than gain from being awarded the '22 bid........which takes me back to my original point, the Qatar Bid Committee are not floundering, directionless fools. The one gentleman on the committee I am aquainted with and he is focussed and strongwilled and as pointed out earlier by someone, the business interests here are vast....what better qualities in a person would you want to be on that committee then?