PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft without a loss of oil pressure procedure
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 14:06
aerobat77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was no procedure for dealing with either loss of oil quantity or pressure. Metro 3 type, Garrett TPE-331 engine.

i cannot say much about the metro but i will look when at home , i think i have still some documents from the C441 time, also equipped with garretts.

my current cheyenne gives procedures for low oil pressure ( i wrote it above).

but for an oil leak - i think its hard to determine a procedure you can deal with. how dou you want do deal with an oilleak inflight? just wait until pressure drops below redline and then here we go with single engine procedures...

@old fella: thanks , but beyond that i would be exited to know where i was fundamentally wrong with my statements ...

and no, something is wrong here- just let me quote some original statements from guppy for clarification :

"EGT and RPM responded proportionately to power lever movement "
the garrett responds with RPM changes due to POWER lever moments inflight?

"TPE-331 is not a "single shaft"
no?

i wrote this :
what we can say: it is technically IMPOSSIBLE to keep a tpe331 running with the prop feathered- instead of a pt6 where stopping the prop will not stop the core

that is the reply from guppy :

This is not true.
i truly always thought that the garrets incorporate a SHUT and feather (S&F) emergency position, not just feather without shutting down...

ok, nevermind... but now- he says simulatany this :

"I've not only used airframes with TPE-331's, but am a check airman in one of them"

the conquest II was my first job and i have not sooo much time on it, but hey-to all real garrett drivers.... what do you think about this? , something smells...

after this discussion he tries to defend his reputation to death and finally calls me a troll and assests i have no idea about anything... well, ok, i respekt his estimation, thats all