PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 11:54
Married a Canadian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet is doesn't change. The FAA, CAA, Transport Canada....no one does anything
I am in no position to argue the points in no limits post...it seems to be an issue with EK..and discussed a lot on these forums.

However the comment made above is more telling to me in this debate. WHY aren't those bodies you mention above doing anything IF it is considered to be such an issue. All the pro Canada guys on here praising the govt and the like and critisizing EKs practices with crew fatigue....and yet Transport Canada do have a say on whether or not they can fly into Canadian airspace. I posted a black list recently of aircraft that are not allowed to fly...Emirates is NOT on it. Either the problem is not as bad as feared or Transport Canada and the rest of the governing bodies that let EK fly into their airspace are taking kickbacks and bribes or whatever else to allow aircraft that are flying with known safety hazards.

You can't on one hand go praising Canada for its stance on EK then say that Transport Canada isn't doing anything to stop EK flying with the "evidence" against it.

Could it be that the problem is not considered to be that serious? Overworked crews are not rare in the airline industry. I am not disagreeing with anything that No limit posted but it could be applied to more airlines than EK...it is just more convenient to do so in the context of this debate.