PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Training and Relationships
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 11:48
Ty-Fry-Typhoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are benefits too, the first week of my 3 week CPL course I was a mess, my flying just went shockingly bad, after one flight I just felt like quitting, when I spoke to her she was great, reminding me of all the work Id done what a waste it would be to throw it away, she then helped me work out where I was going wrong which was the cockpit management and the remembering of sequences & drills, I wrote the drills out on paper and each evening she would get me to dry drill things like PFL's, Stall recovery’s etc, telling me went to "Recover on her command" or "go around" It was great and got her involved in what I was doing more as she had never been particularly interested. We even set up the flight sim yoke & throttle controls, what a pair we must have looked!

It was amusing afterwards when I was watching a programme called flight deck whilst she was doing the ironing and she heard them call 3 greens "Hay you do that!"

Even better was to follow with her free PPL ground school tuition by me as I did my Instructor course when I would submit her to briefings on all the air exercises, It was great practice as she didn’t have a clue what was going on so the questions she asked where genuine.

Sure its been hard on her, but then there are lots of Jobs that are no different causing you to be away from home except they are not nearly so fun!